For me, the best thing about God is that He is I AM, which means He knows what was, what is and what will be (all-knowing). If that was not enough, He enjoys and has actually obligated Himself to not do anything until He reveals it to His servants the prophets (Amos 3:7). So, as believers, we do not need to be caught off guard about anything and actually, if we will make the time to listen through reading our bible, prayer, worship and fasting, we can hear what is coming, what is going on and how it relates to what has been. There is no other God who involves His people like Yahweh.
I believe God’s prophetic schedule is laid out in Acts 27. I have some thoughts on where I believe we are in the process, but I am not interested in detailing a timetable as much as I am wanting to lay out a blue print, so the people of God are not confused on what is going on and why it is going on. So, here is what I see in Acts 27 as it relates to us here on the earth today.
- The apostle Paul speaks prophetically to the leaders of the ship and warns them that danger lies ahead, but his warning is ignored by the pilot, captain and centurion.
- Acts 27:9-10 “Paul began to admonish them and said to them, Men, I perceive that the voyage will certainly be attended with damage and great loss, not only of the cargo and the ship, but also of our lives. But the centurion was more persuaded by the pilot and the captain of the ship, than by what was being said by Paul.”
- A storm arose and the Apostle Paul’s prophetic word came true.
- Acts 27:14-15 “Before very long there rushed down from the land a violent wind and when that ship was caught up in it, and could not face the wind, we gave way to it and let ourselves be driven along.”
- Paul rebuked them for not following his prophetic advice.
- Acts 27:21 “Men, you ought to have followed my advice and not to have set sail and incurred this damage and loss.”
- Fresh prophetic word comes forth.
- Acts 27:24 “Do not be afraid, God has granted you (Paul) all those who are sailing with you. Therefore, keep up your courage, men, for I believe God that it will turn out exactly as I have been told.”
- The wheat is thrown into the sea.
- Acts 27:38 “They began to lighten the ship by throwing the wheat into the sea.”
- The ship is destroyed, the cargo destroyed, but no lives are lost.
- Acts 27:39-44
- Shown extraordinary kindness by foreigners
- Acts 28:2 “The natives showed us extraordinary kindness, they kindled a fire and received us all.”
- Shaking off powerless vipers.
- Acts 28:3-5 “A viper came out…he shook the creature off into the fire and suffered no harm.”
- Outbreak of healing, which will include high ranking officials family members
- Acts 28:7-10
A storm is upon us and will increase in intensity. The storm will shake everything that can be shaken, including people’s personal fears (Hebrews 12:26-28). This storm will remove all the vain images that have exalted themselves against the knowledge of God (Ephesians 10:4-6), so we can believe and receive. The storm will cause the breaking of many types of ships we have put our trust in, but though the system will be destroyed, no people will be harmed. A suddenly event will happen that brings a crash of sorts, but this will thrust us into favor with foreigners (unbelievers). Though the enemy will seek to stop us upon arrival, faith will shake off the enemy (Mark 16:18) and we will be brought before high ranking officials that have a need. I believe the result of this storm, that is increasing in intensity right now and will climax in what feels like a suddenly moment even though it has been building for years, will usher in an outbreak of healing like we have never seen before. I believe Acts 27-28 is God’s Prophetic Schedule. We were born for such a time as this.